- Normal levels of Insulin-like Growth Factor Receptor 1 (IGF1R) (GG)
- Normal levels of IGF1R (G)
- Decreased levels of IGF1R (A) [R].
- IGF1R mediates the effects of Insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF1). IGF1 is important in growth and development in fetuses and infants [R].
The Minor "A" allele is associated with:
- Smaller birth weight and birth size [R].
- Fetal growth failure [R]. This may cause future problems such as hypertension, cardiovascular disease, and diabetes [R].
The Major "G" allele is associated with:
- Decrease risk of Fetal Growth failure [R].