- Normal levels of IGFBP3 in the body (G).
- Decreased amounts of IGFBP3 in the body (T) [R].
- IGFBP3 binds insulin growth factors 1 and 2 (IGF-1, IGF-2) and acts as the main carrier of both factors through the bloodstream [R].
The Minor "T" allele is associated with:
- Lower risk of benign breast disease (BBD) [R]. This disease increases the risk of breast cancer [R].
- Muscle soreness after muscle exercise in men [R].
- Increased response to recombinant human growth hormone [R].
- Decreased risk of prostate cancer and other cancers due to lower IGFBP3 levels in the body [R] [R].
The Major "G" allele is associated with: