The Minor "A" allele is associated with:
- One A= higher HO-1 protein (p = 0.03) (R).
- 33% decreased the risk of atherosclerosis stroke. The A allele is a protective factor (R).
- Increased risk of developing Parkinson's Disease because of increased iron deposition in the body. (HMOX1 increases iron deposition)(R).
The Major "T" allele is associated with:
- 4.12X increased Parkinson's risk (TT) (R,R2).
- 6.65x increased the risk of Alzheimer's (combined with bad MAPT SNP) (TT) (R).
- TT genotype (withLXR-beta (intron 2) TT genotype) resulted in 2.63X increased risk of Alzheimer's (R).
- The TT genotype was associated with increased levels of Hemoglobin (in babies) (p value = 0.0131)(R).