GG = less active version of GSTP1.
The Minor "G" allele is associated with:
- People with this allele should eat more cruciferous vegetables and make sure they are getting enough vitamin E.
- 3.5X asthma risk (GG).
- GG = 1.7X greater risk of breast cancer and 2.1X if they ate few cruciferous veggies
- GG = anti-inflammatory benefit from a low dose supplemental vitamin E [R].
- Larger respiratory improvements in response to physical training [R].
- "As the result of training, significantly greater improvements in VO2max, VEmax and FFM were gained by the GG+GA group compared to the AA genotype group"
The Major "A" allele is associated with:
- AA/AG = Increase in inflammatory cytokines (IL-6) upon supplementing vitamin E (alpha-tocopherol) [R].
- AA = 6x increased risk of asthma in children who participated in 3 or more sports in high-ozone communities.