rs1611115 is linked to the DBH gene. It has a significant association with personality and mental health disorders.
- Decreased levels of Dopamine-beta-Hydroxylase (T).
- Normal levels of Dopamine-beta-Hydroxylase (C).
The Minor "T" allele is associated with:
- Higher dopamine and lower norepinephrine because of lower DBH (Dopamine-beta-hydroxylase), which converts dopamine to norepinephrine (T) (R).
- More neuroticism (TT) (R).
- More novelty seeking (TT) (R).
- More impulsivity (TT) (R).
- More aggression (TT) (R).
- Increased risk of adult ADHD (TT) (R).
- Lower conscientiousness (TT) (R),