- Normal levels of Insulin growth factor-binding protein 3 (IGFBP3) in the body (GG) [R].
- Normal levels of IGFBP3 in the body (G)
- The A allele may be associated with lower IGFBP3 levels in the body. More research needs to be done to confirm this (A)
- IGFBP3 binds insulin growth factors 1 and 2 (IGF-1, IGF-2) and acts as a main carrier of both factors through the bloodstream [R].
The Minor "A" allele is associated with:
- Increased triglyceride levels [R].
- Decreased High-density lipoprotein cholesterol (HDL) [R].
- Lower HDL may lead to increased risk of cardiovascular disease [R].
- Increased triglyceride and decreased HDL may lead to obesity [R].
- Decreased muscle and limb development [R].
- Clubfoot [R].
The Major "G" allele is associated with: