An introduction to SelfDecode (1:41)
SelfDecode is a place for you to learn about the connection between your genetics and wellbeing.
Our goal is to create the best service available for:
- clearly viewing information about your genetic makeup
- identifying relationships between SNPs and your health
- uncovering beneficial foods, supplements, and other substances
- connecting with other users to share and read about how to increase your wellness
The process is simple:Step 1
Upload your genetic data file. We currently accept genotyping files from providers such as 23andme, Ancestry.com, and FamilyTreeDNA.Step 2
Enter symptoms you have experienced and conditions you have been diagnosed with.Step 3
Begin to explore your genetics and learn how to use this information to enhance your wellness.
The following features are available to assist you on your journey:
- Health Categories - Learn which health categories you may be at risk for and which of your SNPs play a role
- Substance Explorer - Receive substance recommendations based on your genetics and health information
- Potentially Bad Genes - A summary of your potentially bad genes
- Potential Fixes - A manually curated list of potential fixes for different genes
- Potentially Bad SNPs - A summary of your potentially bad SNPs
- Gene Packs - Lists of genes associated with different traits and your SNPS for each of them
- Important SNPs - A summary of your SNPs identified as important
- SNP explorer - Consisting of a filterable table of all your SNPs with information about each one
- SNP pages - Pages dedicated to individual SNPs with information about associated traits and diseases, their linked genes, and population frequency.
We are always looking for better ways to help you use your genetic information to improve your wellbeing. If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Watch the following videos to learn more about the main SelfDecode features.