Summary of KLOTHO
- cognitive function and increase intelligence by as much as 5 or 6 points IQ boost (R).
- regenerate muscle (by inhibiting TGF) (R).
- combat aging (R).
- diminish age-related heart disease (R).
- suppress insulin pathways (R).
- our antioxidant balance (R).
- Other: synaptic plasticity, memory, fertility, bone health, myelination, blood flow, synapse growth (R, R2, R3),
How to Increase Klotho:
Exercise “ in both humans and mice (R).Klotho only increases post exercise in people who completed a 16-week training program, with younger people having a bigger increase than older people.
Women under high chronic stress had low klotho compared with low-stress controls. Depressed people had even lower klotho levels (R). Insulin increases klotho (R). This is one downside to a really low carb diet.
Supplements to increase kloth0:
- Statins/Red yeast rice (HMG -CoA reductase inhibitors) (R, R2) “ might simply stabilize some part of the process after its production (R).
- Activated charcoal by binding to a toxin that decreases klotho (Indoxyl sulfate) (R).
- Probiotics such as Acidophilus+L Lactis in aging mice (R).
The following increase klotho:
- Calcitriol/Active vitamin D increases Klotho (R, R2). See a list of ways to active the Vitamin D Receptor. However, Vitamin D supplements apparently don't work in humans to increase Klotho, even when calcitriol goes up (R). In dialysis patients, vitamin D supplements actually decrease Klotho (R).
- PPARgamma activators (R, R2)
- Gentian root extractmight simply stabilize some part of the process after its production (R),
- Cordyceps reverses the Angiotensin II decrease klotho (R).
The following decrease klotho: