Summary of UGT1A6
This gene encodes a UDP-glucuronosyltransferase. It transforms small molecules, such as steroids, bilirubin, hormones, and drugs, into water-soluble metabolites that can be excreted (R).
The Function of UGT1A6
UDPGT is of major importance in the conjugation and subsequent elimination of potentially toxic xenobiotics and endogenous compounds. This isoform has specificity for phenols. Isoform 3 lacks transferase activity but acts as a negative regulator of isoform 1.
Recommended name:UDP-glucuronosyltransferase 1-6
Alternative name(s):UDPGT 1-6
- RS1105879 (UGT1A6) ??
- RS11563251 (UGT1A6) ??
- RS11891311 (UGT1A6) ??
- RS17863783 (UGT1A6) ??
- RS17863787 (UGT1A6) ??
- RS1875263 (UGT1A6) ??
- RS2070959 (UGT1A6) ??
- RS3755319 (UGT1A6) ??
- RS4148323 (UGT1A6) ??
- RS4148324 (UGT1A6) ??
- RS4148325 (UGT1A6) ??
- RS4477910 (UGT1A6) ??
- RS4663969 (UGT1A6) ??
- RS6742078 (UGT1A6) ??
- RS6759892 (UGT1A6) ??
- RS887829 (UGT1A6) ??
- RS929596 (UGT1A6) ??
To see your genotype, you should be logged in and have a file with your genotype uploaded.
Top Gene-Substance Interactions
Substances That Increase UGT1A6
Substances That Decrease UGT1A6
The following transcription factors affect gene expression:
Expressed in skin. Isoforms 1 and 3 are expressed in kidney and liver. Isoform 1 but not isoform 2 is expressed in colon, esophagus and small intestine.
- Steroid hormone biosynthesis
- Metabolism of xenobiotics by cytochrome P450
- Drug metabolism - other enzymes
- Porphyrin and chlorophyll metabolism
- Starch and sucrose metabolism
- Pentose and glucuronate interconversions
- Other types of O-glycan biosynthesis
- Drug metabolism - cytochrome P450
- Retinol metabolism
- Ascorbate and aldarate metabolism
- Metabolic pathways
- Glucuronosyltransferase Activity
- Enzyme Binding
- Protein Homodimerization Activity
- Protein Heterodimerization Activity
- Xenobiotic Metabolic Process
- Negative Regulation Of Fatty Acid Metabolic Process
- Cellular Glucuronidation
- Flavonoid Glucuronidation
- Xenobiotic Glucuronidation
- Negative Regulation Of Glucuronosyltransferase Activity
- Negative Regulation Of Cellular Glucuronidation
- Flavonoid Biosynthetic Process